On the first day of Spring, it’s natural to think about a fresh start. Spring cleaning in homes is practiced around the world. Organizing, de-cluttering, refreshing décor… are all ways we rejuvenate our surroundings for Spring.
Why not take this one step further to Spring clean our lives?
A Spring Deep Clean approach to life clears away the unnecessary and highlights what’s truly important.
Here are 7 Tips to Spring Clean Your Life:
1. Toss out anything weighing you down. Negative friends, boring social obligations, unfulfilling relationships, past regrets, procrastination, “have-to’s”
2. Refresh your appearance. Hit the gym, get a facial, change your hair, update your wardrobe and accessories
3. Change your routine. Go to bed/get up earlier, vary your menu, take a different route to work, visit a new destination, switch-up your workout, try a new mediation technique
4. Organize your healthcare schedule. Get a physical, have your teeth cleaned, make those pro-active appointments that keep your body running like a well-oiled machine
5. De-clutter your digital presence. Clean out your inbox, unsubscribe from promotional emails, pare down online friends and groups, unplug more often
6. Polish up your resume. Highlight your accomplishments to your current boss and ask for more responsibility or look for a new position/career that excites you, volunteer your talents in your community, mentor young professionals in your field
7. Air out what makes you happy. Review your core values. Notice what makes you smile, laugh or sing. Do more of that!